Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No time to blog!

Things are moving at an incredible pace around here, just like I like it. There were a few days last week where we had some easier days - so I spent a lot of time organizing, cleaning, sanitizing, and writing plans. I guess it was a spring cleaning frenzy for the daycare! Now my records are all up to date, the toys are all cleaned, the couch has been throughly vacuumed (big job!) and the floor has been mega-mopped! Plus, I have a plan for themed activities for the whole summer. It feels nice to be back on top of things.

This week, we kicked of an Earth Day theme. On Monday, we went on a Trash walk. We walked the perimeter of the house, and even into the neighbors back yard, picking up trash and recycled items (Unfortunately, we didn't find much to recycle!). We talked about wasting and reusing. I'm thinking that the conversations went right over the girls' heads, but at least we're talking about it. It will all kick in soon. Yesterday it was dreary in the morning, so we colored a recycle symbol and painted the Earth on a paper plate. They look really cute - I hope to take pictures... but I've gotten pretty lazy with the camera lately.

Perhaps my lack of pictures has to do with my hands being full! Noah is walking and cruising everywhere! I'm amazed at how much a baby changes between 6 and 10 months. And Rebecca is showing signs of teething - Every once in a while we see some white on her bottom gums. Julia is getting more creative in her play - adding details with every scenario she acts out. Savannah is close to being potty trained!

Today, we're going to plant some grass seed in a potato. I'll kick myself twice if I don't get photos of that!

Alrighty - that's my interesting post for the day. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

noahsmom said...

I don't know how you do it! I think of you often during the weekends when I feel like all I do is change diaper, fill sippy, feed, change diaper, fill sippy.... Can't imagine doing it for 4 kiddos and then accomplishing all that you do on top of that!!!

You're a wonder woman!