Monday, February 11, 2008

Ball Paintings

On Friday, the girls and I were ready to craft! We looked through some of my idea magazines and books and decided that it would be fun to paint with balls! So, the girls picked the colors out (Julia wanted pink and Savannah picked yellow). We put the paint on the balls and a little extra on the paper plate, and then I invited the girls to start painting...


Neither one of the girls wanted to touch the painted balls and get paint on their hands, even though I assured them that it would be okay. The floor was covered with a plastic tarp and I had paint smocks available if they wanted them. But instead, they opted for rubber gloves. Hah! Funny how the messiest of projects are intimidating, but the projects that I think will be less messy turn out to be very hard to clean up!


Savannah enjoyed wearing the glove more than she enjoyed actually painting!

But, she did give the painting a try. She "oooh'd" and "ahhh'd" when she made her first trail of paint down the tray. But, on the second go-round, her ball flew off the tray and onto the floor. She then decided that she was done and didn't want to paint any more. I think she was really worried about getting the paint off the floor! (Really, it was just on the tarp, and I tried to talk her into continuing, but she said "no, you paint it") heheh - I did enjoy finishing the painting while she looked on...

Julia, however, would not put stop with the project. I think she'd STILL be ball painting if it were up to her. She had paint completely covering her paper, but she did not want to stop. She enjoyed every moment of the project - ESPECIALLY the moments when the balls flew off and landed on the table or floor. Funny how different the girls can be!

I throughly enjoyed this project, as I enjoy all the projects we do. I wish I had the time to document all of our projects we do. You are missing out on so much around here... Noah is coloring with crayons, and I believe that he will be crawling soon. The girls are developing more in-depth pretend play. Julia is spelling things, and Rebecca is getting stronger in her back and neck and will be sitting up soon.

The time is going by way too fast, and I just can't catch it all on camera! I so wish I could!

By the way, we are still looking for two playmates! If you know any kiddos ages 2 1/2 to 4 years old that need tender loving care, I'd love a referral. I'm not going to advertise the spots, I'd love to fill them just by word of mouth. Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like super fun!