Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love is in the air

Happy Valentine's Day!
Julia woke up to find a helium filled white mylar valentine's balloon in her room with a new sticker book. She was so excited that she didn't know how to react to it... she played it cool telling her daddy and I, "yeah, there's a balloon in my room." But, as soon as we told her it's for her because of Valentine's Day and that she can take it around the house to play with it, she was very excited. Unfortunately, the string came off the balloon pretty early on, and the heart shape decorated our vaulted ceilings for the first part of the morning.

Love is everywhere here today! I hope to take many pictures and post them here... but for now, my stories will have to do.

We spent a lot of our day outside in the warmth (before it gets cold again this afternoon!). I'm pretty sure that all five of us have Spring Fever and cannot wait until we get more outside time. Julia and Savannah played with everything imaginable outside.. running from the swing set to the basketball court, and back again. Noah and Rebecca watched me blow big bubbles and I have to admit that doing bubbles was as much for ME as it was for them!

The kids were all gifted with a hand knotted blanket from me, and they seem to love them! I'm so thrilled with the way they turned out. And, though it was a cheap gift, it's the thought that counts and I hope the blankets are something they can cherish for a long time. (Pictures sure to come!!)

Oh, and I almost forgot - we also enjoyed heart shaped PB&J sandwiches for lunch! It was really cute to watch the girls react to the shaped sandwiches. (Tip: If you want to make one, just get a large cookie cutter!)

It has been such a great, laid back day around here. Love is in the air! Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: