Monday, February 9, 2009

Mall, park, zoo, oh my!

I always complain that the only "bad" part of my job is that I don't get enough peer interaction during my days. I'm surrounded by these wonderful toddlers, and find myself talking to them non-stop, but they just haven't found the skill level (or interest... not sure which?) to converse back yet. So, all of my conversations are pretty one-sided, and I find myself lonely more days than not.

This is why I love to take the kids outdoors! Even if we go for a quick walk around the block - it feels good to remember that I'm far from alone in this world, let alone in my neighborhood. There are people everywhere: I have never gone for a walk and *not* seen another person. That's a great reminder to me, as there have been a few days in a row that I don't even stop foot outside! (Mind you, this is only during the coldest days of the winter... I do insist that we go outside for play at least once a day, even if it is pretty chilly!)

But, when I get to plan a trip with the kids to actually go out in public - it's almost MORE of a treat for myself than it is for the kids! Not only do I get to get out of the house, but I am going to a place where there are likely to be other moms with kids. I get to have time to socialize (albeit with complete strangers, but hey - that's okay!) and the kids get to have time to socialize with other kiddos. It's a win-win situation! (And, I admit... the kids seem to get pretty wiped out from this, so when we return to my home, lunch comes quick and naptime comes even quicker and there, my day is already just about over!)

Last Wednesday, I took Noah and Rebecca to the mall to play at the very same playplace that we got to enjoy with Paityn just the week before! :)

We all have spring fever like crazy around here! As the weather gets nicer, we'll be taking more walks to the park, and maybe even plan more field trips. I see the zoo in our future! Oh, and see us going to the Deanna Rose a lot this spring!

Here are a few pictures from our time at the mall last week. Enjoy!




No comments: